Last night I went to Kings Cross to explore #LumiereLondon, the free festival that’s on this weekend.
It was a cold, clear night but that didn’t put off the crowds. I saw some amazing installations and when I got back home I was cold, hungry and wanted something hot, tasty and fast to cook.
So I decided to make one of my favourite fast food recipes – less than 15 minutes to prepare & cook.
- 1 courgette (zucchini), washed, topped, tailed & sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- wholewheat spaghetti
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly grated parmesan
- freshly ground sea salt & black pepper
- Heat a frying pan to medium hot
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water on a rolling boil ( to instructions, I cook for 8 1/2 minutes)
- Mix courgette slices, olive oil, oregano, & season with salt & pepper
- Cook the slices for about 7 minutes turning half way until soft and golden brown
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- Drain the pasta, reserving a tablespoon of cooking water and add to courgette pan & mix
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and grated parmesan, adjust season to taste
Courgette & Parmesan Spaghetti – Fast Food Fast – in less than 15 minutes!