Now you’ve slaved away making that Spicy Chili, tangy Salsa and creamy Guacamole, what better way to wash it all down than this Cuban Classic, which works so well with all cuisine from Texas, over the border and far beyond…..
- 2.5 tbsp Spiced Rum
- A dozen or so Mint leaves (I picked them fresh from mint growing on our garden steps this afternoon!)
- 1 tbsp Sugar (I find that the best thing to do is take the granular sugar and then mix it with boiled water to form a syrup, then add it to the drink as per the recipe)
- 3 x tsp of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup of club soda, or more depending on taste
- Place the Mint leaves in the bottom of a glass
- Add the crushed ice, Spiced Rum, sugar, and lime juice
- Mix it all up
- Then add the soda water
Have a Great Labor Day Weekend America!!