I love the build up to Christmas as a foodie there are so many festive recipes to discover, cook and share. I will be posting a number of recipes leading up to Christmas. This recipe is a family favourite – even my brother, never a fan of parsnips, likes this dish!
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side)
- 3 parsnips, washed, peeled, topped & tailed
- 1-2 dessertspoons maple syrup
- small bunch of fresh thyme, washed, leaves removed
- 1 dessertspoon olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground
- Set the oven to 190 degrees C (370 F)
- Quarter the parsnips, remove the inner woody core and cut into strips
- Put the oil and thyme into an oven proof dish
- Add the parsnips and toss to coat
- Season with salt & pepper
- Drizzle with the maple syrup and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning over several times during cooking
Maple and thyme glazed parsnips – great festive veg for Christmas and the Winter season.