Sometimes, you have just 10 minutes, or so, spare in your weekend schedule to come up with Lunch, as I had today.
The lazy option, of which so many of us are guilty, is to pop a box into the microwave and ‘Hey-Presto’ BING! All done.
In recent years, I’ve been coming up with new ways of providing quick healthy food for lunch. My current Summer favorite is this Tuna & Bean salad, which was inspired by a similar fabulous dish I had on the Italian Riviera.
It is a great recipe, as it combines ingredients, fresh and preserved, contrasting in texture and flavor, that mix together to form a punchy light meal in around 10 minutes.
The Ingredients I use are:
- Half a Red Onion finely chopped
- 3 sticks of Celery finely chopped
- A handful of Italian (flat leaf) Parsley finely chopped too (surprise, surprise!)
- The juice of half a Lemon – freshly squeezed please!
- 1/2 a handful of Salted Capers, or Capers in Brine (don’t forget to wash – if salted)
- 1 can of Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans – drained
- 1 can of Tuna in Olive Oil. You will be using the Tuna and the oil from the can!
- A pinch or two of salt & pepper to taste
Simply throw all the ingredients into a large bowl, mix thoroughly and voila!
Within minutes you’ll be eating scrumptious, fresh, zingy, crisp, soft and healthy Italian Fast Food.
Enjoy with a slice or two of warm Ciabatta bread!